Morning Links :: August 19
Well, our morning links may be a bit cold today, since it is afternoon. But you get the point. Check out our round-up of must-see links to the day's top sports stories.
FAVRE FEVER: It's making us sick.
- Normally I would want to tell Brett to shut up, but then I remembered that without him Tavaris Jackson is taking snaps. I guess he does "owe it to the Vikings" to come back.
UN-BE-LEE-VABLE: Sayonara Derek Lee.
- The Cubs trade my favorite player for three prospects I've never heard of. The highlight of the article is the quote by Lee "It just felt right." I think that should replace the phrase "it is what it is" as the default for when people don't know what to say.
YOU LADIES MAY NOT LIKE STATS: But I do.
- Listen, I like stats as much as the next guy, but does the phrase "The Cardinals are 92% ready for the season" really help anyone? Of course, I still read the article....because it's preseason, and nothing else is going on.
WHITE GUYS CAN JUMP: And make stupid hand signals.
- This is the rookie photo shoot, which appears to be the equivalent of high school senior pictures, in that they are all very awkward. I take personal offense to the attached, where they show the white guy doing a layup and then making a stupid hand signal. Everyone else is dunking the ball or looking menacing at the camera.
SORRY BLACKHAWKS FANS: Hockey kinda blows.
- This pretty much sums up how I feel about the NHL..... if you are a large bearded angry hockey fan, please don't punch me in the face.